Resume and Letters of Reference available for download.
Computer & Technical Experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Calendar, OneDrive, Lync, and Access.
Proprietary Computer Skills: Archtics Ticketing System (Ticketmaster's ticket sales CRM database management software), CASH (flooring industry’s CRM software), RFMS (business management software for flooring industry), Egencia (global business travel agency), and Workday (financial and HR management).
Social Media Skills: SalesForce, LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Language Skills: Bilingual and fluent in speaking Mandarin Chinese.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING CONSULTANT | MANDARIN CHINESE SPEAKING INSTRUCTOR | CAREGIVER
Freelance Consultant, Cary, NC (May 2012 – Present)
· Successfully teaching Mandarin Chinese speaking skills to people of all ages.
· Provided promotion and publicity for Emerging Women NC’s events on social media channels including Facebook, LinkedIn, Meetup, Twitter, significantly increasing registration and enrollment.
· Built database of contact information using Excel for client’s forthcoming book “Celebrating Chinese American Success: Insightful and Motivating Letters on the Personal Meaning of Success from Influential Chinese Americans.”
· Successfully recruited 500 participants for health insurance research study through social media channels.
· Successfully served as caregiver for sick family member from May 2012 to March 2016.
Brentwood Flooring America, Cary, NC (April 2017 – December 2017)
· Purchased ~$2.9M in annual sales, led the company’s purchasing activities, and supervised Cary sales team to ensure they met sales goals.
· Achieved CASH Store Champion status and educated sales teams (20+ salespeople at both Raleigh and Cary store locations) on using CASH, the flooring industry’s CRM software system, using PowerPoint.
· Created and implemented innovative system for using CASH for sales teams.
· Managed supply and purchasing strategies, achieved and maximized sales, revenue, profit, and effectiveness.
· Bought the best quality flooring at most competitive prices, saving the company money, increased revenue and profit, reduced expenses, and avoided unnecessary expenditures.
· Processed payments, invoices, and purchase orders for products in RFMS, the business management software for the flooring industry and developed more effective invoicing and collecting processes.
· Developed and implemented purchasing and contract policies & procedures manual for all company staff.
Lenovo (Contract Through CTG), Morrisville, NC (August – October 2016)
· Provided world-class level of executive support to Vice President and Executive Director.
· Managed complex calendar scheduling with extreme detail and arranging C-level executives’ meetings across worldwide time zones while prioritizing requests in extremely fast-paced environment.
· Coordinated complex international travel arrangements for executives using Excel and global business travel agency Egencia to countries such as Germany and China, including itineraries and reservations for flights, lodging, and car rental, streamlining productivity and efficiency.
· Facilitated large-scale executive meetings including logistics, catering, agendas, presentations, guest speakers, A/V equipment, and staff while working within budgets and strictest timelines.
· Submitted corporate expenses for executives, reconciled expense reports with monthly credit card statements using financial management and human resource management software called Workday.
· Assembled business invitation letters, business visas (i.e. Schengen), and passport applications using CIBT Visas for executives to gain entry into international meeting locations such as Germany.
· Successfully completed three-month contract position at Lenovo through CTG.
· Successfully cared for sick family member from October 2016 until April 2017.
MARKETING RESEARCHER (PAID INTERNSHIP)
Comparex USA, Raleigh, NC (December 2014 – February 2015)
· Built client database using Excel to track sales’ progress and improve access to current information for driving lead generation including prospecting and effectively targeting key business decision makers including C-level executives, which improved company brand, awareness, visibility, market position, and value.
· Wrote and published digital content for COMPAREX blog and social media channels management including LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, which resulted in improved access to information.
· Generated high-quality, business-to-business (B2B) leads using LinkedIn Sales Navigator for sales team, resulting in improved sales and maximized company revenue.
MARKETING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (PAID INTERNSHIP)
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, Raleigh, NC (September – November 2012)
· Developed content to promote museum exhibits, educating visitors and facilitating discussions.
· Created marketing materials to promote, publicize, and advertise museum events, including BugFest and the Titanic exhibit, which resulted in increased attendance.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (PAID INTERNSHIP)
Family Violence & Rape Crisis Services, Pittsboro, NC (May – June 2011)
· Created Wiki page to promote youth programs in Chatham County.
· Performed data entry using Survey Monkey in order to compile results of primary prevention program effectiveness, which showed increased understanding of sexual harassment, dating violence, and sexual violence among 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students in Chatham County schools.
· Provided director and staff with administrative and clerical assistance to maximize office productivity.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology
Employment - PROGRAM ASSISTANT, Confucius Institute at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
(August – November 2010)
DUKE UNIVERSITY, Durham, NC
8 college credits
Duke University PreCollege Summer Program (took Duke University classes as high school student)
Duke University Talent Identification Program (TIP) for academically gifted high school students
Earned 8 college credits, which were applied toward BA at UNC-Chapel Hill
English (4 credits), Astronomy (4 credits)